Characteristics of the Gifted Science Student:
1. Questions critically--inquiring into the nature and function of things.
2. Visualizes mentally.
3. Thinks critically demonstrating the powers of abstraction, conceptualization, and synthesis.
4. Attends to details related to the task at hand.
5. Is persistent in the pursuit of answers and solutions--long attention span.6. Sees alternatives and offers several solutions.
7. Makes generalization.
8. Has ability to use resources with the intent to find answers.
9. Has a ready grasp of underlying principles and quickly makes valid deductions.
10. Is a keen and alert observer.
11. Tries to understand complicated material by separating it into its respective parts.
12. Reasons things out for him/herself.
13. Sees logical/common sense answers.
14. Is easily bored with mundane or routine.
15. Is a self-starter: intrinsically motivated--exercises responsibilities independently.
16. Shows an interest in science.